Monday, December 9, 2013

Picture Frame Calendar

So today, I was feeling rather crafty and ofcourse I got the idea from Pinterest! So I decided to make myself a new calendar for my room!
I started with a 11x14 inch picture frame. You can use any size you want, I chose this size because it didn't seem too small nor too large. I also bought two sheets of sparkly paper for a border as well as a 11x8inch piece of sparkly white paper. I bought everything from Michaels.

 I used the smaller white piece of paper for the place to write everything and the sparkly pink paper (which is fantastic by the way!!) as the background. I wrote on the white paper to make the boxes and areas for dates and I wrote the name of the month above on the pink border. The white paper was placed in front of the pink paper so it could be seen and the pages of pink were cut to size to fit in the frame behind the paper. Then I used an Expo marker to write the dates and the month. Anything else you choose to write is up to you!
Personally I chose to write different assignments and big things that are happening that week. (obviously I don't have everything yet because it would be a lot more full!)

If I were to do it again:
  • I would make sure to have 5 rows for weeks or not write the days of the week on the actual paper
  • I would make the entire thing the calendar and not have the boarder so the boxes would be bigger to write it (but I wanted that pink paper!)
Other than that I am extremely happy with the way it turned out!
What's your favorite craft? Comment below! I'd love to know!
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment