Sunday, December 8, 2013

Mason Candle Jar

This week I decided to buy some candles for Christmas time for my dorm (No, I'm not allowed to have candles in my room but don't tell my RA!) But I also wanted something to put the candle in to keep it safe and protected, so I decorated a Mason Jar!
I started with

  • a plain clear Mason Jar
  • Paper Star cut-outs
  • Modge-podge
  • Silver Glitter
  • A candle of you're choice (optional) 
So what I did was I printed and cut out pictures of small stars. They are easy to get if you use the shapes on Microsoft Word. Then I glued the Stars to the Mason Jar with the mode-podge to the outside of the jar. Once the stars were all on. I covered the outside of the jar in modge-podge, including over the stars. Then I poured the silver glitter all over the outside of the jar. Then I let everything set for a few minutes, and I used tweezers to pull off the stars. With the star windows open, I placed the candle inside of the jar and lit the candle. I think it came out pretty well!



Xoxo,
Pink Prepster

No comments:

Post a Comment